The Journey Within is one that we often need, but seldom take. At this Conference, we will explore the core philosophy of yoga and meditation practice coupled with elements of Ayurveda, the ancient science of holistic medicine and healing.
Themes covered in detail at the conference include:
- An introduction to yoga as a lifestyle
- The neuro-science of breath
- Pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Buddhist meditation principles and techniques
- Ayurvedic constitutions and how they affect us
- Nutrition (food as medicine from a holistic health perspective)
- Ayurveda for great gut and mental health
The speakers at The Journey Within will deconstruct how individuals can remain centred and effectively manage stress in a sustainable way in today’s fast-paced lifestyle.
Whether you are a beginner, or at an intermediate or advanced level of yoga or meditation practice, you are sure to benefit from the information and networking at this conference. The day will include the practice of yoga, meditation and pranayama (rhythmic breathing techniques).
Morning tea and lunch will be provided. Registration is mandatory as places are limited. Details of the Conference are as follows:
- Day: Saturday, 6 October 2018
- Time: 8.30am – 4.00pm
- Venue: QUT Gardens Point Campus, 2 George Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
- Room: P Block, Room P-514
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Conference team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you!
About the Host – MY Time QUT
MY Time QUT is the Meditation & Yoga Club at the Queensland University of Technology. The Club offers weekly meditation and yoga sessions to members at QUT’s Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove campuses. MY Time QUT is a not-for-profit student-run volunteer organisation that aims to create a diverse, involved and self-aware QUT community.